Childbirth Delivery Packages at Samitivej Srinakarin Hospital
- Natural Birth Program THB 72,000
- Cesarean Birth Program THB 99,000
Childbirth packages include:
- Package is valid for pregnancy at 36 weeks or later and without complications
- Hospitalization period is two days (48 hours) from the time of birth for the Natural Birth Program
- Hospitalization period is 3 days (72 hours) from the time of birth for the Cesarean Birth Program
- Those receiving natural delivery services may be admitted to the delivery room free of charge any time within 24 hours prior to the time of birth
- Those having delivery by cesarean section may be admitted to the 12th floor patient rooms free of charge for up to 12 hours prior to giving birth
- Baby photos with a 20×24 inch frame and 5 photo files from a studio photographer
Package prices include:
- Birthing room and nursing team for the Natural Birth Program
- Operating room, recovery room, nursing team and operation preparation for the Cesarean Birth Program
- Private room for mother (standard room), food (as directed by doctor), in-patient services, nursing service, room service, nursery room and nursing services, team of lactation nurses
- Health examination after birth (1 time)
Necessary Lab Tests:
- For mothers:
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Anti-HIV screening
- For newborns:
- Blood typing test (A/B/O, Rh/positive/negative)
- Hematocrit blood test (Hct)
- Bilirubin skin test for newborn jaundice
- Screening for intellectual disability due to hypothyroidism and 30-40 inherited metabolic disorders (Expanded Newborn Screening Siriraj)
Essential Medications and Medical Supplies:
- Essential medications for the mother and newborn pursuant to occupational health and hospital standards
- Essential medical supplies for the mother and newborn pursuant to occupational health and hospital standards
- Medication and medical supply expenses for spinal anesthesia (epidural block) for the Cesarean Birth Program
- Antibiotics for mother for the Cesarean Birth Program
- Medical equipment for childbirth
- Fetal non-stress test
- TEOAE hearing test for newborns
- Assistant surgeon and anesthesiologist for the Cesarean Birth Program
Medications and Vaccinations for Newborns:
- Antibiotic ointment as prevention against gonococcal ophthalmia
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Vitamin K1
***Prices and packages are subject to change without prior notice.***
Terms and Conditions:
- The package price is for a standard private room. In cases where the patient prefers a different room type, the extra cost will be charged at the normal rate.
- If surgery becomes necessary after vaginal birth attempts have proved unsuccessful, the package price for the Cesarean Birth Program can be substituted, and any costs incurred prior to the surgery will be added at the normal rate.
- Mother and/or baby can stay in the hospital longer than the number of days stated in the package. In such cases, the extra cost will be charged at the normal rate.
- Severe complications after childbirth:
- In case of severe complications of the newborn (as decided by the obstetrician and/or neonatologist), such as the newborn requiring a ventilator, newborn expenses will be deducted from the package price and the cost of caring for complications will be charged at the normal rate.
- In case of severe complications of the mother (as decided by the obstetrician), all additional costs will be charged at the normal rate.
- A package is valid only after Thai and foreign patients have completed the package form and it has been signed by the obstetrician prior to the commencement of the service.
Packages may not be used in conjunction with other promotions/discounts from corporate contracts or insurance companies.
- If the patient can make a claim from his/her company or insurance company, a receipt shall be issued for the total amount without the price breakdown and the patient will be responsible for paying the cost and submitting the claim to the company or insurance company for reimbursement.
*** The hospital reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without prior notice.***
Childbirth packages do not cover the following conditions:
- Mother has any of the following complications during pregnancy:
- Severe preeclampsia or eclampsia
- Other surgical complications during pregnancy, such as appendicitis
- Conditions that require ongoing treatment and are not controllable, such as diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Severe abnormal bleeding prior to childbirth, such as placenta previa and premature separation of the placenta
- Dead fetus in utero
- Mother has mild and controllable complications, such as mild preeclampsia, gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) and placenta previa with no severe bleeding
Childbirth packages do not include the following costs:
- Pregnancy care
- Epidural block, if used for the Natural Birth Program
- Forceps delivery or vacuum extraction
- Take-home medications and medical supplies in addition to those included in the package
- Miscellaneous expenses such as drinks, foods made to order, telephone charges, etc.
- Other procedures outside the childbirth, such as appendectomy, sterilization, newborn circumcision, etc.
- Other surgical procedures, medications, medical equipment, x-rays, special examination for the newborn in addition to tests included in the package