Keeping The Sniffles Away
The incidence of allergies has been increasing worldwide, including in Thailand. For instance, prevalence of bronchial asthma in Thai children has grown in the last ten years. This is due to the increased amount of allergens and precipitating factors in our environment.
Fortunately, medical science has also rapidly advanced, and there is a better understanding of this problem today there was in the past. Today, diagnosis of allergies and their causes are more accurate than before. Allergists are able to find solutions to these problems with a high success rate.
At Samitivej International Children’s Hospital, we provide care with specialist doctors (Allergists) and state-of-the-art medical facilities and equipment to treat allergies and achieve the best results.
Moreover, we have achieved international standards accredited by the JCI from the United States and we are the first hospital of its kind outside of the United States to receive this Distinction for our Clinical Care Program Certification (CCPC).
- Diagnosis and treatment of allergic problems including bronchial asthma, allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis, urticaria, food allergy, drug allergy and sinusitis etc.
- Allergy testing i.e. skin testing, blood test (IgE testing by ImmunoCap)
- Lung function test
- Other immunological investigation
- Complete services for asthmatic patients who need the special respiratory care during the asthma attack phase and the long term care for this chronic respiratory allergic diseases including assessment for lung function regularly, chest physical rehabilitation including breathing exercise, assessment for growth and development outcomes
- Complete medications for allergic diseases i.e. inhaled medication, topical drugs for atopic eczema, etc.
- Special diets for patients with food allergy esp. cow’s milk protein allergy
- Allergen immunotherapy
- Bone marrow transplantation for primary immunodeficiency patients
Our Facilities and Medical Technologies
- Allergy testing : Skin testing, Blood test for specific IgE (Immuno CAP)