We’re Always There to Help
Samitivej Hospital Group has one of the leading trauma centers in Thailand, located at Samitivej Srinakarin. The center is less than thirty minutes from Suvarnabhumi Airport and is easily accessed from the main road, offering emergency medical assistance a moment’s notice. The trauma center is equipped with the latest medical technology and our staff are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including the emergency ambulance team, initiating definitive care starting at the scene of an accident, during transportation, and upon arrival at the hospital. At Samitivej Srinakarin Trauma Center, our services range from emergency care, inpatient service, rehabilitation, and most importantly, our outstanding medical repatriation service.
Samitivej’s trauma center is among the most well-known leading trauma centers in the country, capable of providing the highest level of treatment and care for complicated traumatic cases. Not only do we have 24-hour coverage by general surgeons, our trauma center is also covered by surgeons of various specialties including, but not limited to: orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery and cardiovascular and thoracic surgery. Moreover, our trauma center staff also include emergency physicians, anesthesiologists, radiologists, critical care specialists, and physiotherapists. Our staff are provided with effective and continual education in trauma management as well as prevention. A comprehensive quality assessment program monitors and continuously improves the quality of our services.
There are 44 hospitals in the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS) hospital group, and our trauma center is one of the 10 Centers of Excellence for Trauma in the BDMS network. The center is affiliated with Hannover Medical School in Germany and serves as a referral center for many other hospitals of domestic and international level. These connections allow us to provide injured patients of all age groups with the emergency care, surgery, hospitalization and rehabilitation service they need.
- Emergency service for all medical needs, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Ambulance service 24 hours a day with specially trained and experienced rescue medical teams
- Personnel and equipment used for treating trauma patients in extremely critical condition
- Professional medical transportation services including evacuation and repatriation through various modes of transportation, such as ground and air ambulances, medical escorts and bedside-to-bedside transportation services for adults and children.
- Close monitoring of the patient prior to departing their current location until the patient is safely in the hands of the receiving healthcare providers at the final destination.
- Code Trauma – An established protocol specifically for the provision of the highest quality care in a timely manner for critically injured traumatic patients. This includes immediate CT scans, preparation of operating rooms for emergency surgery within 30 minutes and our inpatient department available to receive patients at a moment’s notice.
- Rehabilitation physicians to facilitate the recovery process to ensure optimal outcome and the highest quality of life.
Our Facilities and Medical Technologies
- Around-the-clock care from highly qualified, board-certificated physicians who specialize in critical care
- Specially trained nurses and paramedics in trauma management
- 100 percent certification rate for all nurses in advanced cardiac life support in the trauma center and transportation team
- Advanced medical equipment for resuscitation and critical care support
- Advanced close-monitoring equipment and equipment required for minor surgery
- Fully equipped ambulance, equivalent to ICU or CCU with advanced medical equipment
- State-of-the-art diagnostic tools, including: ER mobile ultrasound, CT and MRI scanners with a radiologist available for accurate diagnosis 24/7
Our Medical Team
Our specialists cover various sub-specialties, including emergency medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, anesthesiology, dental, radiology, rehabilitation and geriatrics. Professors and international board-certified trauma surgeons are available for consultation 24 hours a day. Our medical team includes:
- Surgeons whose expertise includes general surgery, orthopedics, neurology, vascular surgery, cardiology, plastic surgery, face bone surgery, urology, liver gastroenterology and colorectal surgery
- Nurses who are specially trained in advanced cardiac life support and advanced trauma life support, with years of experience in caring for critically ill patients
- On-site emergency medical technicians (EMT) with certifications meeting national standards for treatment and transportation
- Injury prevention team improving patient care by studying information and statistics to promote safety within the community