The following medical equipment and instruments are utilized in the transport of pediatric patients:
- ECG and multi-parameter monitors
- Defibrillator devices
- Extra corporeal membrane oxygenator (ECMO) devices that act as an artificial lung and heart system used in the care of infant patients for whom heart and lung failure has occurred. The device pumps blood around the body while also oxygenating it, thereby providing vital life-saving assistance in terms of transporting patients who have suffered cardiac arrest, heart and/or lung failure.
- Nitric oxide production device, capable of improving respiratory, lung and circulatory function for infants in critical conditions.
- Neonatal and pediatric transport ventilator
- The latest diagnostic devices, such as mobile ultrasound machines, CT scanners and MRI scanning devices, operated by expert radiologists in order to provide the most accurate diagnosis of illness and disease around the clock.
- Point of care real-time blood analyzer device.
- Infusion and syringe pumps
- End tidal CO2 measurement devices
- Oxygen saturation measurement devices
- Portable suction machines
- Transport incubators for neonatal patients
- Neonatal and pediatric immobilization equipment
- Neonatal and pediatric advanced life support drugs and supplies
Neonatal and pediatric medical transportation
Samitivej Children’s Hospital is a private healthcare institution under the care of BDMS which has received accreditation from The Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS). This international accreditation is only given to hospitals with exemplary standards of care and safety with regard to ground and air ambulance services. The organization responsible for presenting the award is split between its American branch, the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS), and the European branch, the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems Europe (CAMTS EU). Additionally, there are a total of 13 hospitals in the BDMS network with accident and emergency centers consisting of the following medical transport facilities: ambulances, motorlances, fixed-wing aircraft, and aeromedical transportation, all of which are staffed by our team of highly trained medical escorts.