Samitivej Parenting Center
The Samitivej Parenting Center has been set up to promote the mental wellbeing of your children through supporting the most important of societal structures, “the family institution”. The focus is on providing parents and guardians with advice that can help their child develop with regards to emotional flexibility, critical thinking skills, childhood resilience and problem solving capabilities. Doing so will reduce the likelihood of mental health conditions occurring and help prevent psychiatric disorder arising in the future.
The center offers comprehensive services covering the following areas:
- Consultations with parents and guardians aimed at building an understanding of emotional wellbeing, EQ, resilience and a growth mindset.
- Emotional Quotient (EQ): Level of emotional intelligence
- Executive Functions (EF): Effectiveness regarding the thinking process, mood management, flexible reasoning skills, goal setting and plan making.
- Resilience: Displaying an ability to bounce back emotionally from difficult, pressurized or stressful situations.
- Growth mindset: A growth-based model that helps provide a route to success.
- Promoting emotional wellbeing and developing the potential of the Thai youth in order to reduce the occurrence of mental health problems and other behavior related issues, such as:
- Being overly afraid, weak-minded and unable to confront problems
- Being incapable of making logical plans
- Avoiding problematic issues
- Stubborn and refuse to obey
- Depression, anxiety and having suicidal thoughts to the extent that they become a danger to themselves
- Aggressive, violent and confrontational behavior, including harming others
The center’s expert personnel
Director of the Samitivej Parenting Center, Teerakiat Charoensethasil, M.D.
- Doctor of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University
- Graduated from the Institute of Psychiatry, University of London, specializing in child and adolescent psychiatry
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, United Kingdom
- Honorary fellow of UCL and Royal Free Medical School, University of London
Assistant Director of the Samitivej Parenting Center, Yossamon Jirathawong, M.D.
- Child and adolescent psychiatrist at Samitivej Srinakarin Hospital
- Fellowship in Advanced Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, Colchester, UK, 2013
Additionally, we have a team of child and adolescent psychiatrists, pediatricians specializing in development and behavior, and specially trained psychologists and occupational therapists on hand to provide assistance and treatment every step of the way.