Taking Care of Your Child's Ear, Nose & Throat
Treating a wide range of ear, nose, & throat disorders in children
Samitivej Children’s Hospital’s Pediatric Otolaryngology and Communication Disorder Clinic provides assessment, diagnosis and treatment for children with the following diseases or disorders:
Ear, nose, throat and related organs
- Ear: Ear wax blockage, external and middle ear infection, foreign objects inside the ear, etc; symptoms include conductive hearing loss, ear pain, fluid in the ear, etc.
- Nose: Nasal inflammation from viral, bacterial, or fungal infection, allergens, sinusitis, chronic sinusitis objects in the nose, nosebleeds, etc.; symptoms include runny nose, sneezing, stuffy nose, mouth breathing, chronic sinusitis, foul smelling nasal discharge, pain in forehead or cheek area, etc.
- Throat: Sore throat, tonsillitis, enlarged adenoids.
Abnormalities in speech and communication includes the following disorders or diseases:
- Delayed speech and language development due to hearing impairment, brain dysfunction, retardation, mood disorder, autism, Down’s syndrome, etc.
- Articulation deficiencies such as making incorrect or inappropriate sounds
- Dysfluencies – rhythm disorders such as stuttering; voice disorders such as hoarseness, age-inappropriate voice, etc..
- Speech disorder before and after surgery for cleft lip and/or cleft palate, speech disorder from other causes.