Do you know 42% of children and 15% adults contract influenza virus each year?
- Influenza virus infects respiratory system.
- It is pandemic and especially the new type Influenza A(H1N1) has spread in Mexico, USA and Canada
- In Thailand Influenza season is in the winter.
- Flu shots should be given 1-2 months before the spreading season every year.
What are the differences of influenza and common flu?
- Influenza symptoms are similar to common flu’s with high fever (39-40 ํC)
- Headache, coughing, body-ache, and fatigue.
- May cause complicated diseases and life-threatening especially patients with chronic disease like diabetes, heart disease, renal disease, pulmonary disease, coronary disease, liver disease, asthma and AIDS
- Wash your hands often before and after you prepare food and after handling animals or animal waste.
- Avoid rubbing eyes and put your hands in your mouth.
- Avoid sharing towels, glasses or personal belonging with others.
- Stay away from infectious patients.
- Influenza vaccine is recommended from children from 6 months, adults over 50 years old, pregnant women and frequent travelers.