Prepare yourself for childbirth and parenthood to welcome a new member to your family
At Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, we are committed to helping expectant parents prepare for pregnancy, childbirth, and early parenthood. Our programs are led by experienced childbirth educators.
We suggest that you register and choose a class during your 28 weeks to 36 weeks of pregnancy. The classes will cover all of the following topics and activities:
Class One: What is Labour?
- An understanding of labour
- How I will know I am in labour
- When to go to the hospital
- What to expect when I go to the hospital
- Birth plans
Class Two: The Miracle of Birth
- Making labour easier
- Coping strategies with or without pain relief including position and breathing
- The role of my partner
- The actual birth with video
Class Three: Variations on the Normal
- Emergency birth
- Caesarean birth (video)
- Inductions, Episiotomy, Forceps / Vacuum Extractions
- How I may feel after delivery
Class Four: Breastfeeding
- How it works
- Feeling confident in feeding you baby
- The first few days – What to expect
- How to breastfeed (position latching)
- How to know my baby is getting enough
- Common problems – How to deal with them
- Expressing and storage of breastmilk
Fee: “Two days workshop”
Costs per couple:
- A. For Samitivej Sukhumvit patients who have their antenatal care here and plan to deliver their baby here, the fee for the classes will be 2,500 THB.
- B. For patients who have their antenatal care at Samtiivej Sukhumvit but plan to deliver their baby elsewhere, the fee for the classes will be 8,000 THB.
- C. In the event that the patients in B changed their plan to deliver their baby at Samitivej Sukhumvit, a refund of 5,500 THB will be returned to them after delivery.
Date and time: Childbirth classes are held on 1st and 2nd Saturday of each month from 8.30 am – 13.00 pm (Total 8 hours)
Venue: Bancha Lamsam Auditorium, 6th floor, Building 2, Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital
Schedule: One class is limited to 10 couples only.
||February 1, 2020
||February 8, 2020
||March 7, 2020
||March 14, 2020
||April 18, 2020
||April 25, 2020
||May 9, 2020
||May 16, 2020
||June 6, 2020
||June 13, 2020
||July 4, 2020
||July 11, 2020
||August 1, 2020
||August 8, 2020
||September 5, 2020
||September 12, 2020
||October 3, 2020
||October 10, 2020
||November 7, 2020
||November 14, 2020
Money Transfer and Payment of Class Fees
- For patients who are undergoing antenatal care at Samitivej Hospital and who are also planning to give birth at the hospital, payment can be made on the day of your antenatal class before entering the class.
- For outpatients who are not undergoing antenatal care at Samitivej Hospital but who are planning to give birth at the hospital, payment should be transferred to:Bank Name: Bangkok Bank Public Co., Ltd. (Head Office)
Account Name: Samitivej Public Company Limited
Account No: 206-3-00479-6
Swift address: BKKBTHBK
and a copy of proof of transfer as well as a copy of passport/or ID card should be sent to this email address: email@example.com
For more information and reservations, please contact the
Women’s Health Center
Tel. 0-2022-2321 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For booking the antenatal classes, please fill in this application.