Vaccinations are not exclusively something we should get as children. They should also be an essential part of an adult’s life, because the immunity provided by the vaccinations we received during childhood wanes as we age. Additionally, this reduction in immunity can have an effect on the risk posed by various diseases, such as pneumococcal disease, influenza, diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus and hepatitis B, a disease capable of leading to liver cancer.
The Royal College of Physicians of Thailand recommends that adults receive regular vaccinations to strengthen their body’s immune system. The Adult Vaccination Center at Samitivej recognizes the importance of providing vaccinations to prevent diseases. The center offers vaccination services to Thai nationals, foreigners residing in Thailand and to Thai and foreign tourists who are planning to travel overseas.
- Advice and recommendations on the topic of vaccinations for adults, the elderly and those with congenital health conditions, such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, kidney disease and respiratory disorders. Excepted are vaccinations for infants.
- Recommendations from doctors and nursing staff on how best to prepare yourself before traveling, including advice on disease prevention, vaccinations and anti-malarial drugs as well as instructions on what to do once you return home.
- Personalized vaccination program put together by our medical team, utilizing our specially designed computer system “Vaxine Log”. The program enables our patients to receive individualized, tailor-made recommendations on healthcare and vaccinations based on their unique health situation.
- E-vaccine book: a personalized electronic vaccination record which shows detailed information about vaccinations received and future appointments.
Vaccinations and medication on offer
- Chickenpox vaccinations
- Hepatitis B vaccinations
- Hepatitis A vaccinations
- Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccinations
- Pneumococcal disease vaccinations
- Influenza vaccinations for new and existing strains of the virus
- Adult vaccinations for tetanus, diphtheria and whooping cough
- Adult vaccinations for tetanus and diphtheria
- Adult vaccinations against tetanus, diphtheria, whooping cough and polio
- Meningococcal vaccinations
- Typhoid vaccinations
- Encephalitis vaccinations
- Anti-malarial drugs