The Sports & Orthopedic Center
The Sports and Orthopedic Center at Bangkok’s Samitivej Hospital was established to meet the needs of those who suffer from acute and/or chronic damage to their bones and joints, whether as a result of sports injury or other causes. This department of Samitivej Hospital brings together a highly accomplished team of 38 orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists and sports injury and physical rehabilitation experts. In addition, the center features the latest orthopedic and physical rehabilitation equipment, ensuring all patients receive the best possible care.
Our patients are:
● Professional athletes who suffer bone contusions / joint pain and stiffness / ACL damage / meniscal tears / bursitis / tendonitis / strains, etc.
● Sports enthusiasts (weekend warriors) who suffer from shin splints / plantar fasciitis / muscle strain / tennis elbow / golfer’s elbow, etc.
● Children / working-age adults / elderly adults who suffer from loss of bone and joint function
The Sports and Orthopedic Center at Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital has been accredited for the Clinical Care Program Certificate (CCPC) for osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee, by Joint Commission International* (JCI). Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is one of only two hospitals in the world to receive this prestigious certification.
JCI recognizes Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital as a center that demonstrates excellence in the integration and coordination of care and treatment. The organization acknowledges that the Sports and Orthopedic Center:
● Provides international-standard care
● Employs licensed practitioners both in Thailand and abroad
● Ensures diagnostic equipment is both up to date and appropriately maintained
● Continually implements quality and safety improvement initiatives
● Focuses on the improvement of doctor-patient database management systems and procedures as a way to improve communication between patients and practitioners as well as streamline service delivery
*JCI, based in the USA, is one of the world’s largest hospital accreditation organizations responsible for accrediting hospitals that meet an international standard of quality healthcare delivery.
At Bangkok’s Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital Sports and Orthopedic Center our team of dedicated healthcare professionals strives to address the complex needs of each patient on an individual basis. We then work collaboratively to ensure that each patient is able to reach his or her optimum performance level.
*JCI, based in the USA, is one of the world’s largest hospital accreditation organizations responsible for accrediting hospitals that meet an international standard of quality health care delivery.
Therefore, independent of age, type of injury or condition, a patient can feel confident that when they visit the Sports and Orthopedic Center, a team of health care professionals will determine how best to address the complex needs of each patient and collaboratively take innovative steps to address them.
Patient family Education